Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Journey...

We have researched and prayed about joining a church plant last fall in Evansville, Indiana. Our decision at the time was that we were overwhelmed and not ready or in a place to make that immediate commitment or decision.

Through months of waiting, praying, and seeking discernment in several ways, we have decided to come along side this body of believers. The purposes of doing this are:

1. To serve Jesus by serving His body in a missional role of church planting
2. To serve Jesus and His body in a pastoral and teaching role
3. To establish a more natural means of succession over the next few years as my father and senior leader starts entering retirement.

You may be hearing from us more as things unfold and we covetously ask for your prayers or support. We are very excited, but we still have a long "row to hoe" in the continued effort to sell our house and relocate, much less the planting of a church.

We are also well aware that what we are being led to is beyond what we are capable of and are feeling very much like broken vessels in the hands of our God.

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ" - Phil 3:7
"I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day." - 2 Tim 1:12

I will not boast in anything
No gifts no power no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
- "How deep the father's love for us"

No comments: