Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vulture and Child

This photograph showing a starving Sudanese child being stalked by a vulture won Kevin Carter the 1994 Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.


I found it...above
is the picture that Kevin spoke of this morning in his sermon. I looked at it once and quickly looked away and got busy doing something else. I thought that later I would send it out to you.

Now, looking at it again, I am almost...I am nauseous. God is speaking somehow to me. How can you, me, & Journey be part of Jesus' ministry to heal the broken hearted and set the captives free? Where do we see vultures about to devour someone?

Remember 10:2B?...praying for workers to come. Some of you have found your place in ministry; some have not. Jesus calls us to leave the old life and follow Him in new life. What does that mean for me today?

No comments: