Thursday, May 31, 2007

The church...living together and in the world for a mission

"The only true church is not the hotel Church, where guests rather avoid than meet each other, but the family church, life under one roof in communion, a church that can stand tensions and quarrels."

"We must return to the Church World relationship in which the laity by the fact of its living in the world, plays a more decisive role the clergy can" - A Theology of the Laity

Hendrik Kraemer, Dutch missiologist, 1888 - 1965

(HT: tallskinnykiwi)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... just stumbled on your church/thing/site by accident... we actually live in Evansville right by the church (I can walk to the UBWE from either my work or my apt)...

Will you meet this Sunday?

Matt said...

"We" will be meeting. But the rest of the explanation can get convoluted... ;-)

I (matt http://hispoema.blogspot.com) am in the process of trying to sell my house and move to Evansville to join the group. So, I am not going to be there Sunday...yet... :-)

But yes, we do meet on Sunday mornings, this sunday at 10:35.

email or IM me anytime (matt.pastor@gmail.com), or Bill (journey242@gmail.com) or BJ (dominorose@aol.com). You'll see Bill and BJ on Sunday (I think they will both be there)

Journey242 said...

We, Old Bill and BJ will be there.
10:35 am. or so....