Saturday, May 19, 2007

"I am coming soon!"

We've been following some friends and their adoption process for an orphan in Liberia over the last year or two.

The short story is (I think I can try to summarize, but no promises on accuracy) they had just about adopted him and someone claimed him as family and wouldn't release him without being paid, which was strictly prohibited. Meanwhile, their son (which they had now been moved to already take him as that) was left in the orphanage.

Over time, the situation changed, and just recently they are finishing out the adoption process.

This most recent entry on their blog post is very very moving from just about any perspective:

It was bittersweet to talk to Samson on Mother's Day. While our whole family loved speaking to him and hearing his voice, I was haunted by his plea, "When are you coming for me?" He has been waiting so long. All I could say was, "I am coming soon."

I was awaken at 3:00 a.m. today with the burden to pray for him as well as the 143 million other fatherless who are wondering will they ever have hope for their future. Thank God for our Savior who came so we might not be left as orphans. I relate in so many ways to Jesus when He said to his disciples about the promised Holy Spirit: "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:18).

He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.
(Rev 22:20-21)

No comments: